Monday, August 9, 2010

Hugs

My little 3-year-old is most generous with her hugs.

Some are a tad bit disconcerting. She runs and runs and runs after a boy until he finally allows himself to be caught, and then she wraps her little arms around him, squeezing him tight while his eyes dart around the room, looking for something or someone to rescue him, hoping his image isn't tarnished forever.

Mostly, though, her hugs are little prizes; blessings bestowed on the participants who make her world a brighter place.

She spontaneously hugs a new friend goodbye, then wraps her arms around the friend's mama, too, as if to say, "Thank you for sharing your little girl with me today! She's my new BEST friend!"

Or she wraps her arms around the legs of a new "teacher," sharing her gratitude for the teacher's time and also saying in a way - "I may not do everything you tell me to do, but don't take it personally - I like YOU!"

My little girl lavishes her love on us, and boy, does it feel good when she does.

How much greater is our Father's love for us, lavished on us through the life of Jesus Christ...

No comments: